Meterian can process Jupyter Notebooks that contain Python code. The only requirement, assuming your license has the feature enabled, is to add the parameter
--process-notebooksto the client invocation when running it. We also recommend the use of the dockerized client as it contains all the necessary tools. If not, you may need to install extra packages in the Python environment. If you are running on a CI/CD platform, please use see the specific instructions.
Please note that when scanning notebooks with docker it's mandatory using the latest python image. The script will automatically enforce that, by selecting the
latest-pythonimage when detecting the
--process-notebooksparameter. You can of course always specify it from the command line using the parameter
--image:latest-python.An example of run against the nyc_taxi notebook:
$ meterian-docker --process-notebooks --project-url=nyc_taxi --image:latest-python
© 2017-2020 Meterian Ltd - dockerized version 18.104.22.1685
Meterian Client v1.2.13, build 2960a89-519
All rights reserved
- running locally: yes
- interactive mode: off
- working on folder: /workspace
- autofix mode: off
Folder /workspace contains a viable project!
Authorizing the client...
Client successfully authorized
Account: "Meterian Team Account"
- Minimum scores:
- security: 90
- stability: 90
- licensing: 90
- Analysis scopes:
- security: packaged components
- stability: all components
- licensing: all components
Loading build status...
No build running found!
- url: nyc_taxi
- branch: head
- commit: n/a
Python scan - running pipenv 2020.11.15 locally...
- python: Now processing 1 notebooks with jupyter 6.2.0 and pipreqs:0.4.10...
- python: Processing notebook nyc_taxi - collecting dependencies...
- python: Processing notebook nyc_taxi - locking dependencies...
- python: loading dependencies from lockfile...
- python: python dependencies generated.
Uploading dependencies information - 41 found...
Current build status: in preparation
Current build status: process advices at 2021-04-12T15:15:45.099
Current build status: process advices at 2021-04-12T15:15:48.075
Current build status: process advices at 2021-04-12T15:15:49.182
- security: 100 (minimum: 90)
- stability: 98 (minimum: 90)
- licensing: 99 (minimum: 90)
Full report available at:
Please note that the processing of Jupyter Notebooks can be slower than normal analysis, as it involves further steps in comparison to a standard analysis.